bowl of spring

This past week-end I got it in my head that I should post a non-dessert recipe, so while recently perusing the produce section I remembered this mind-blowing recipe for veggies in a herb nage. Who knew veggies could be so exciting, so simple and yet exciting. Am I alone in feeling this way? Or does everyone know the awesomeness of veggies. I love this time of the year when all the beautiful spring veggies are popping up, they are so purdy...oh, swoon. Hmmmm. Where am I going with this? Oh, right, spring vegetables in a herb nage...

This recipe is adapted from Shane Osborn's book Starter's, it is one of my all time favorite cookbooks, yes, it's true, I have about 200 all time favorite cookbooks. This is not a 30 minute meal, it is a tad on the high maintenance side [but definitely worth it]. The herb nage is made a day in advance, so plan ahead. [What is a nage you ask? basically a veggie stock with herbs simple, no.] You may use any veggies that are in season, this is a great recipe to muck around with, oh imagine the possibilities, the bare bones excitement of all the different combination's! Please forgive the annoying measurements, as this is a translated recipe.

Spring veggies in a herb nage


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts