......you're lucky enough

Awright look. I have a love-hate relationship with meat. In fact, I really don't like it much at all. There, I said it! I'm not sure where it comes from entirely, I just kind of get the willies when I eat it sometimes. Still the rest of the world will not bend to my will, and when I say the rest of the world I'm talking about the hubs, he loves meat...he worships at it's feet, it is his sensei. I guess I'm partly annoyed really pissed-off by the requisite hunks of meat that must be consumed at each meal, in any case, I'm usually up for the challenge be it real or imagined when he he wants Fred Flintstone sized turkey legs or as was the latest request "how about a nice corned beef brisket, you know for St. Patrick's Day and all?"

Now to me, meat is just not worth all the effort, well and then of course the question arises what am I not getting here? Oh, every once in a blue moon I will eat a hamburger [which I don't consider meat and it has to have tons of lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, mustard and just a really thin patty, oh and a really nice bakery bun] but I have an abhorrence for anything on a bone, needs to have it's skin removed or that I have to put my hand inside eeek! it can cause me to nearly loose the small amount of sanity that I so dearly cling to. 

But still, when the hubs asks for corned beef brisket [cabbage and boiled potatoes are optional!] because he asks so little of me, I oblige, I'm easy that way. 

I guess now I've come full circle, and with this recipe I'm about to throw out I find myself mindlessly, yet devotedly, cooking corned beef...well, it's the small things, they add up.


Corned Beef with Cabbage






Comments

Popular Posts