compulsive baker

As a compulsive baker, I feel it is my conscientious duty to remember everything I really baked, not just the things I-bake-in-my-head! Oh, the memories...when I owned my own bakery I filled the shelves with croissants, Napoleons, French Macarons, lava cakes, breads, scones, lemon tarts, chocolate glazed eclairs, raspberry mousse tarts, turnovers, sticky buns, cupcakes, muffins, brownies, crisps, crumbles, pies, well, I could drone chat endlessly about this, but...okay, fine I never owned a bakery, but I have been baking for many years and not to toot my own horn, but DA DA DA DAAAAA!!!, I am so awesome, Food Network? Call me!

So, yeah, clearly I have baked A LOT, and what is my favorite thing to bake you ask? no surprise here, cookies! I mean we have dedicated a whole holiday to them [duh! Christmas]. And let me just say, cookies are perfect in every way...you can take them anywhere, give them as gifts, they are perfectly bite size, soooo many varieties, fun and easy to make, once again on and on......but, seriously, cookies are delicious disks of sugar that possess magical powers. Just eating one cookie [wait for the irony of this statement] can make just about anything better [irony, who can eat only one cookie?].

Actually, now that I think about it, I have developed an unholy alliance with cookies. I love cookies.
I-LOVE-COOKIES!

I found this recipe for Alfajores while doing a little arm chair traveling in Buenos Aires, which apparently is known as the "Paris of South America" so of course, I am wildly plotting to go there. Alfajores are very popular in South America especially Argentina and Peru. These little babies are incredible, incredible I tell you. Delicate shortbread like sandwich cookies with a soft caramel, creamy filling. If for some reason [insane, I know] you do not love caramel you can fill these with  Nutella or jam [either would be yummy].

 Alfajores (caramel sandwich cookies)

Comments

Popular Posts