karma

My entire life I've had an inner struggle over the kind of karma I could bring on myself if I threw anything out, it seems I can develop an emotional attachment to just about everything.

As I may or may not have mentioned in previous posts, I am a bit compulsive when it comes to my recipes, having collected a rather large, unwieldy clique. In a time where we are encouraged to reduce waste by  "going green" it just doesn't seem terribly responsible. Seriously? seriously.

If you love cooking, chances are you also have accumulated a lot of recipes, given the thousands of cookbooks, food columns in every newspaper, food magazines so tempting you could almost eat the magazine, TV cooking shows offering recipes for everything from haute cuisine to jungle survival...... so what's a girl to do?  I decided without fanfare or table dancing to wage war on my mountains of clutter beloved recipes, but [I know right, there is always a but] I have decided to give up buying food magazines [opting instead to "read" them online *sob* well maybe I'll just buy Bon Appétit, and Food and Wine every other month, and I do have a subscription to Food Network Magazine] oh, my, really!!! Ditto with newspapers, I played around with the idea of getting a kindle but [I fear I may never be able to stop buying my beloved cookbooks] I just don't think I could bear it if I couldn't sit down with a steaming cup of tea and peruse a beautifully illustrated and written cookbook [it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds].

I have been procrastinating about dealing with this because, well! because that's my nature. So, there you have it, {pffffft!} I'm consumed by it [but now I wish I'd never started]. I guess these things can be entertaining at times, I'm just saying,  I suppose I'm a little fine, gigantically distracted while going through everything,  I alternate between lazily happily flipping through my recipe stacks and impulsively chucking them before the urge passes and let me tell you the piles are HUGE- good grief! so,......what to do? I think I need a break-maybe I'll make that vanilla bean panna cotta I've been wanting to try, [that's one of the things I love about myself, I can talk me into anything]
Panna cotta is a classic Italian dessert which when translated  means "cooked cream" which basically is all it is, simple no? No! Panna cotta is so much more than that, sweetened with sugar and kissed by a vanilla bean with a flavor so loud you can almost hear it. The texture gets under my skin as well [could it be more creamy and comforting?] Serve with fresh berries and vanilla whipped cream it is endlessly delicious and flat out gorgeous!
if this is bad karma, bring it on!

vanilla bean panna cotta

Comments

Popular Posts