just plum crazy......

  I am the anxious OCD type, anything that throws a wrench into my normal routine can threaten my sanity [what little I cling to]. But, but, [and this is no big revelation to me] things don't always go as planned. See, I'm always making lists, totally expecting to accomplish everything on them-sure-why not? Well, because I just don't have the time? Why not? Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. I get up at 5:00 AM every morning and off I go...walk the dogs, drink my coffee...start on my lists. Somehow I always get side tracked...what le heck you ask? Believe me I'm asking the same thing. Always in the back of my mind is the awareness of what I should be doing versus what I want to be doing, and at times it takes over.

I guess I should know better, whenever I make a list, the universe immediately starts conspiring to make sure that things get done later rather than sooner. There are things on my list that appear time after time, yet never get done. So what's a girl to do? Usually I play-hooky-and-bake! I start with a trip to the Farmer's Market for plums-I love plums, ja adore plums! It always excites me to see all the different varieties with their romantic names like...Mirabelle, Satsuma, Greengage, Yellowgage Damson and Victoria [what else would you expect from a member of the rose family?] Not just another tasty, pretty face, plums also help to regulate the digestive system [what more could you ask for]?

......then home where my "friend" Ina is waiting for me and we get started, slicing plums and making the crumbles. Ina Garten, aka Barefoot Contessa has never let me down, with her uncomplicated, elegant recipes she makes me feel secure and pulls me into her web every time. She is adorable and makes everything seems so easy and delightful.  Unlike other people's  recipes, [not naming names]......her's come out perfect every time. 

Since I collect plum recipes, I've been wanting to try this for awhile, so I did. Lucious slices of plums, intoxicating sauce and the topping, yum!!!...I love the addition of nuts to the crunch, it makes it extra, well...crunchy! How bad can that be? Since Italian prune plums are not available this time of the year I used a combination of red and purple plums and it was stunning.

Plum Crunch







Comments

Popular Posts