grillin' it

  Given my abhorrence for grilling meat aside [if you've read some of my earlier posts you know I'm not a big fan of red meat] I finally caved because the hubs keeps requesting it. Soooo, I decided to go off the reservation and try something new... first, I of course checked out Bobby Flay for some basic grilling tips. He makes it sound so easy, even fun. I don't know why I've been so hesitant about making flank steak on the grill, but with Bobby as my sensei and this recipe adapted from Gourmet [sob] I grilled my first flank steak. Well okay then.The hubs loved it, loved it! he inhaled it with some dilled potato and pickled cucumber salad [recipe coming soon] and sauteed fresh corn.

Turns out that there is no magic involved when cooking a juicy, tender flank steak, just remember these easy steps 1) marinate it...rub the flank steak with a paste of spices including coriander, cumin, cinnamon, garlic and ginger then let it slowly marinate before hitting the grill.  2) Do not over cook it, rare to medium-rare is the perfect temperature  3) slice it into thin strips cutting across the grain...... viola! perfectly grilled flank steak.


Spice-rubbed Flank Steak

Comments

Popular Posts