peanut butter cookies...day 4


peanut butter cookies

Whenever I travel I always hit the local bakeries, knit shops, & book stores!
So years ago on one of our first trips to New York City, it came as no surprise that on my list of places I wanted to visit, Magnolia Bakery was in the top 10. While waiting in a line that snaked around the block, I thought about nothing but whether I wanted pink or white frosting on my cupcake! It was crazy...all these people waiting in line to get a sweet-sweet! Well, the funny thing is, I did get a cupcake (pink icing), but there, sitting innocently in the case was a tray of peanut butter cookies & on a whim I bought 3 of them. In the taxi on the way back to the hotel I ate one...then two , then the third cookie & immediately wanted the taxi driver to take me back to Magnolia for more peanut butter cookies (which we did not). But, I happily discovered while looking through the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook I purchased at the bakery, that it included a recipe for the cookie of my dreams.


so, here is the recipe & don't say I didn't warn you......hide these cookies after you bake them!

Peanut Butter Cookies (from Magnolia Baking Cookbook)
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 TB milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips (not in the original recipe)
sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder & the salt. Set aside.
Beat the butter & peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars & beat until smooth. Add the egg & mix well. Add the milk & the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture & beat well. Stir in the peanut butter & chocolate chips. Place sprinkling sugar on a plate. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar then onto lightly greased baking sheets, leaving several inches for spreading. Using a fork, lightly indent with a criss cross pattern.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies may appear to be under done, but they are not. Cool on the sheets for 1 minute, the cool completely on wire rack.

Yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts