men in stitches.


Let’s be clear on this: I love to knit.

Lots of my friends knit. I like knit wear. I like knit people. I like knit shops. For me, mere knowledge of someone’s knitting ability will spark my interest in them as a friend. I like people who knit almost as much as I like people with dogs. And that is a lot. On the rare occasion I should meet someone who enjoys knitting and dogs, they are instantly recruited into a special club of my own creation, complete with hats and secret handshakes. A club so special, so exclusive, nobody knows of its existence except for me. And. now you. And all the other crazy dog ladies wearing rainbow-plush eyelash yarn scarves that would put Beverly Goldberg to shame. We are the Free Masons of homespun craft goods. I could get cut out just for talking about it on the internet. Shhhh….

Did I mention we have hats? 

But, you guys. I know you guys. I know there are knitters out there in my silent reader rough. Perhaps you haven’t joined my secret club yet, but believe me, I know what you like. You like chocolate. You like crafts. You like nachos. You like sexy men who knit.
Let’s talk about it.
 

Everybody knows that crafty ladies love Ryan Gosling. Maybe it’s because he is so handsome. Maybe it’s because he starred in The Notebook. Maybe it’s because he is waaaay wholesome and counts Mormons and Mousketeers as family. Maybe it’s his Rad As Hell early 90’s dance moves. Hard to say. But knitting most definitely has something to do with it. Gosling picked up knitting on the set of Lars and the Real Girl while spending the day on set in a retirement home surrounded by old ladies.

Okay dude, seriously, for a second here, try to imagine you are sitting around your nursing home one day and all the sudden, Ryan Gosling, in all his buffed out arms and peanut butter hair glory, comes up and says, “Hey Girl, teach me to cast on.”

Swoon.

And Ryan ain’t the only one…
 
 
 
Russell Crowe. Y’all, did you see Les Mis?
Everyone I knew was all HE CAN’T EVEN SING! Why did they cast him?! He should just go back to being a gladiator, that sadass Russell Crowe. It broke my heart. This man sung his little Australian guts out and everyone was being so mean because Hugh Jackman looked better by comparison. Poor Russell Crowe. I like him. I like his voice. I’ll bet he likes dogs too. And he knits.Ughhhh, I just want to give him a hug and make him soup. Some reports indicate Crowe took up knitting as a way to deal with anger management issues, while others report it’s just a rumor that resulted from the photo above.


  

Did you know David Arquette is an avid knitter? So much so, he graced the cover of Celebrity Scarves 2. And here I was blown away by literary force that was Celebrity Scarves 1.
Odd Fact About David Arquette: In addition to his acting chops, he is a WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Yes, a wrestler who knits. Who knew?

Here are a few other famous men who can knit (or, at least they have been seen knitting one time or another). Including but not limited to; Tom Hanks, Cary Grant, George Lucas, Ewan McGregor, Rosey Grier, Jacques Plante (hockey player), Laurence Fishburne…the love never ends!


So there you go, my friends, sexy celebrity men who knit. Mind = Blown.
Next time, maybe, Sexy celebrity men WHO CROCHET.
just sayin'.

chocolate sugar cookies
 
1 c butter, softened
1 c vegetable oil
1 c sugar
1 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 ½ c flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
  1. Combine butter, oil, sugars & vanilla until smooth. Blend in eggs.
  2. Add flour, salt, cream of tarter, cocoa & baking soda until blended in.
  3. Refrigerate dough 1+ hours.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  5. Roll dough into large golf ball sized balls. {6/cookie sheet}
  6. Bake 8-9 minutes watching carefully as to not over bake.
  7. Allow to cool on cookie sheet & thoroughly before icing.

1 c butter, softened
5 c powdered sugar
¼ c milk
a few drops red food coloring
  1. Beat butter until smooth.
  2. Gradually add powdered sugar, followed by milk.

Comments

Popular Posts